[game_preservation] Mainframe games resource

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:15:12 EDT 2008

I'm working on a new historical document about early computer games but
don't have a lot of resources on the topic. Does anyone know of a resource
(book, website, database, etc) that documents computer games from 1972 and
earlier? There aren't too many resources I've been able to find, but I know
there had to have been some influential games between 1962 and 1972 other
than Spacewar and Spacewar hacks (of course, documentation of these is
appreciated as well!). While I'm specifically interested in the period of
1962-1972, if the resource has interesting information that expands beyond
that time period, I would of course be interested!

Thanks for any help!

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando