[game_preservation] Watermarks and Studio Communication

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:37:04 EDT 2008

I have started to realize that watermarking is really a bad idea. Sure, it
tells you where the image came from without having to check the metadata,
but all it does is ruin an otherwise nice image. For this reason, I am
starting to turn to the idea of uploading future high-res images to the
Metroid Database without watermarks and possibly eventually converting some
older images over and using Creative Commons when possible. I'm not sure if
this is something we should be worried about (watermarking) but I know I'd
prefer to have images without it in my own collection. Goodness knows we
already get more hits than any other fan site out there anyway.

-DM

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando