[game_preservation] Watermarks and Studio Communication

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Apr 21 13:09:06 EDT 2008

Captain Commando wrote:

> I recently blogged about the debacle of Capcom using an image

> watermarked by IGN for the US Okami Wii box art. I think this is

> something the IGDA Preservation SIG should be concerned with as it seems

> to me if you're organized and have good communication between studios,

> you're also able to preserve stuff better (and perhaps get a better

> product?).

That is amazing. We have to deal with magazines using mobygames.com
images all the time, but it blows me away that someone in the
advertising department was that lazy. Deadlines or not, that person
should be fired.
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Help our electronic games project: http://www.mobygames.com/