[game_preservation] Watermarks and Studio Communication

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 21 13:40:33 EDT 2008

I think for the 2008 report (the rationale, rather than the best
practices, which are saved for 2009), your third point is indeed the
core target of the effort. I think the second point should always be
kept in mind as the key context for this group. If we just start
there -- rationale, with careful attention to our primary readership
being the industry for now -- then we will make good progress this
year; we can sort out the issues more directed towards practice next year.

I wonder if it would make sense to call a meeting in a virtual space,
say around late May to early June, at which we launch a collaborative
workspace (meaning basically a wiki page) around principles organized
at the meeting.

The first space that comes to mind is Second Life, but I'm also
attending a scientific conference in WoW on May 9th
<http://convergentsystems.pbwiki.com/> so that works, too. Or
anything else that would work. Ideas?

Henry