[game_preservation] 2008 Whitepaper

Julia Brasil julianya at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:58:28 EDT 2008

I am not sure how much I can add to the general discussion, but I am a
fairly good writer and I'd be more than willing than proof read or organize
information if need be. Somehow the idea of hosting a meeting in WoW brings
forth imagery of it being suddenly interrupted by blood thirsty mobs or
worse, horde/alliance players, not to mention issues with lag and just the
general chaos involved in this type of game. I am familiar with Second Life
and it seems to be a popular place for meetings and workshops nowadays but I
am not sure how simple it would be to store the ongoing discussion..unless
one made a video, I guess.

I agree with Andrew though, Skype is really cheap and we can combine text
and voice if need be. There are some programs that offer webcams as well (I
think Gmail and MSN have that) so that could be an option to keep in mind.

~Julia