[game_preservation] MSN interviews Joe Santulli

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Tue Aug 26 10:14:46 EDT 2008

On the "Why", the reason why I ask is that it is more interesting - I
think everyone can guess the "How" and the "What" - there are sites
dedicated to that. But from a personal angle, the "How" and "What" mean
nothing - the people just seem to be hoarding up specific things, right?
There must be a reason - and for some, it might be playing the games
they find, or keeping them on display, or whatever, don't ask me! I am
sure no two people are the same, certainly because no one ever collects
the same things! That isn't so easily found on the web I think you'd
admit :)

That, and you might as well never ask a game developer "Why" they want
to do game development - after all, it's just what they enjoy right? No
real special reason behind it ;) yet really, it is one of the best
questions to ask them, since no one will have exactly the same answer as
someone else.

Yeah, information on the how and what would be great though, and
thoughts on the preservation of videogames - if he knows a lot, I'm sure
he has some ideas on it.

All whitepaper ideas are good, post them here and I can put them on the
wiki - same goes for anyone else. Make a new topic thread though :)