[game_preservation] SIG Icon and theme

Devin Monnens evilcowclone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:06:31 EST 2008

Yeah, my picks pretty much reflect Henry's with joystick in a (vector) bell
jar as no. 1. The 3.5" disk has become very iconic as well, even though the
5.25" is in greater danger. The Atari joystick is also very iconic because
it represents such a wide range of games, especially classic ones (C64 and
Amiga also had one and two-button joysticks), while the floppy diskette
references 'saving a file' and is not specific to games.
-Devin

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org>wrote:

> I'll get one in a glass dome bell jar thing tomorrow - it'll be a rough

> bell jar, since once I find some vector graphics thing I can redo the

> graphics much more nicely.

> Andrew

> ommail at cox.net wrote:

>> My vote is for the joystick--a very generic, and easily recognizable

>> graphic that represents old games very well.

>> Will it be in a glass dome?

>> Joe

>> ---- Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I've no idea how to do that with only the GIMP available to me that

>>> I have much knowledge of. If anyone has an free or cheap program to do the

>>> final icon in, it'd be much appreciated :)

>>> Andrew

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando