[game_preservation] Game preservation in 2008

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Thu Jan 3 21:56:11 EST 2008

Hey all,

Happy new year and everything! :) hope everyone enjoyed what they got up to.

I was wondering since it's now 2008, has anyone got a good idea about
upcoming events related to this SIG? Any good projects being started, or
shows being put on? or even talks at conferences about game preservation?

And anyone know what is going on at GDC - I only know that Henry has 2
roundtables "Preserving Games: Saving the Past and Present Now", which
would be excellent to record. Will there be anything around the time of
GDC or related to it being held at the event itself? (I recall some
Expo's have history exhibits even).

This would be useful as "news" content, but mainly I am truly interested
myself! Especially if anyone here has personal projects they're
undertaking. I myself am going to finish off (once I have better
information then wikipedia, such as my own research) the Digital Game
Canon IGDA wiki pages, and work on the internet archives collection of
interviews some more :-) not that interesting I'm afraid!

Thanks,