[game_preservation] Gary Gygax passed away

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Wed Mar 5 14:58:16 EST 2008

Okay everyone, I've put up the page;

http://www.igda.org/wiki/Memorials/Gary_Gygax

*Biography/Eulogy still needed*, and you can email me directly if you
want to add direct comments or something (or edit them in yourselves if
you can at the bottom of the page) please do.

I also added Greg Bick for those that know him, with a biography/eulogy
provided kindly by Sim:

http://www.igda.org/wiki/Memorials/Greg_Bick

Andrew

Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> Right, I'll keep a note that your interested if I can't obtain another

> eulogy, I'll try and get a page setup tonight (along with another for

> Greg Bick who is a Canadian developer who passed away recently too,

> who I have talked to someone about).

> Andrew

> Henry Lowood wrote:

>> Andrew,

>> I hadn't heard about that -- big news and I hope we can organize a

>> memorial page or obtain permission to use information from another

>> site. I'm about to leave on a short trip, but if any help with his

>> page is needed next week, I'm happy to pitch in.

>> Henry

>> At 10:36 AM 3/4/2008, Andrew Armstrong wrote:

>>> News on Gary Gygax's death. I've only heard him really speak in

>>> Futurama (a great appearance I might add), but damn, he was a big

>>> game developer, and must have been a great guy.

>>> :-(

>>> News post on Slashdot

>>> <http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/04/1750206>. The

>>> forum (his publisher) which reported it is really overwhelmed, but

>>> this is the link.

>>> <http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4373&mforum=trolllordgames>

>>> And a quick note; I think this is most certainly someone who

>>> deserves a memorial page <http://www.igda.org/wiki/Memorials>. Once

>>> an obituary is published, I'll see if the person who does one wants

>>> to have it copied onto the IGDA site, unless anyone wants to do one

>>> on this mailing list we can post of course, the game developer angle

>>> would be a nice thing.

>>> Andrew