[game_preservation] Gary Gygax passed away

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 12:57:30 EST 2008

Andrew,

1UP has a special on the top 5 things they think Gary did for games:

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3166835

However, the whole reduction to numbers bit came from Stat-o-Matic Baseball
and was a facet of computer programming through the 50s, particularly if you
look at Cold War simulations (and it still underlies the overly optimistic
concept that one can digitize the whole world). But so much for nitpicking -
stats-based character sheets is what they really meant to say!

-DM

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando