[game_preservation] AMAZING collection of E3 '95 videos!

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Mar 31 01:04:20 EDT 2008

Captain Commando wrote:

> I highly recommend adding this to the resource list. I have also sent

> him a message through YouTube asking if he would be interested in

> donating videos to the SIG.

This reminds me, I have a lot of videos I've been collecting about the
making of certain games (digital interviews on early "ezines",
videotapes that came with products such as the WC3 filmcan and 7th
guest, early promotional videos from Sierra that feature the
programmers, etc.) and was wondering what the legal ramifications were
to contribute them somewhere. The historical significance is a given;
it's the legal issues that have stopped me. I thought of uploading them
to archive.org but I don't feel their fair use rights (education,
reference, etc.) would be as protected there as, for example, the SIG.
Is this something the SIG could receive and host to the public?

With my experience doing restoration work on the MindCandy DVDs, I've
gotten really good at making them presentable (even the 15fps
sub-Youtube ones) so it's a project without a destination...
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Help our electronic games project: http://www.mobygames.com/