[game_preservation] SIG Icon and theme

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Nov 3 20:06:22 EST 2008

Hey all,

My last newsletter got me thinking - if we're publicising anything (and
the IGDA is being updated eventually, we hope to a better setup) we
really need something to easily display who we are. Most of the other
SIG's have a good icon, perhaps we need one too.

Anyone here have any ideas what it should be? Anyone here able to put a
design forward?

Here are the other SIG's that I could find, all of them are varied in
their design.

http://igda.org/education/img/Topc.jpg
http://www.igda.org/wiki/images/9/9a/SIG_Logo1_small_text.jpg
http://www.igda.org/mobile/images/header.gif
http://www.igda.org/qa/images/QASIG.jpg
http://www.igda.org/women/images/header_new01.jpg
http://gwsig.quantumcontent.com/images/personalheader.jpg

If we're going to be boring, doing it as the mobile guys have (some text
next to the standard IGDA header) would probably work. I'd be also
interested if anyone has any theme ideas for colour schemes or site
layouts - I'm beta testing the new IGDA site and will investigate what
we can change (and complain a lot if we can't, since I want to make a
site at least as good as the QA site! <http://www.igda.org/qa/>)

If no one comes forwards, I'll put forward my own ideas, although since
I'm no graphic artist, it'll be of limited imagination and competence :)

Thanks all,