[game_preservation] Preservation Whitepaper Brainstorm Progress

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Tue Nov 11 17:49:16 EST 2008

Devin Monnens wrote:

> How relevant are, say, cloth maps from Ultima? Originally, I think this

> sort of thing was used to 'enhance the experience,' but I haven't read

> anything regarding how much that really DOES affect player experience.

> Nowadays, I just consider most of that stuff to be schwag.

Some included materials were absolutely necessary to get anywhere in the
game (newspaper in Tass Times in Tonetown, business card in
Transylvania, etc.). They contained information not in the game code.
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Help our electronic games project: http://www.mobygames.com/