[game_preservation] Preservation Whitepaper Brainstorm Progress

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 11 17:51:52 EST 2008

One other point on this: Frequently, esp. with Infocom but also with
other companies, codes for starting the game (i.e., verifying that you
were playing from a purchased copy) were available only through manuals
or even special code-rings and such. Maybe somebody said this already.

Henry

--
Henry Lowood, Ph.D.
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;