[game_preservation] Google Shutting down Lively

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 20 13:06:15 EST 2008

Actually 4.5 months. Did you see in the announcement that they are
encouraging users to take screenshots and videos of their sites? I
would be happy to take anything like that in the Archiving Virtual
Worlds collection, which is available for exactly this sort of thing.
If you hear about such documentation, feel free to point them to the
collection or even to me if they need help uploading.

Henry

Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/11/20/144248

> That was fast! 6 months total.

> I hope the Virtual Worlds project can scrounge some things from it,

> the actual world/platform/community might not be the best, but since

> it's coming from Google, there must be some bits and pieces there.

Henry Lowood, Ph.D.
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;
Film & Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford CA 94305-6004