[game_preservation] Older versions of Programs

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Sun Oct 12 18:27:58 EDT 2008

Trust me, if I could ever get a budget to do that myself, I'd do it up
in a flash (hell, start with an FTP and go from there). Maybe the IA
could help if we were serious about it, they host some software after all.

I myself keep for all my PC games (although they don't date back
"forever", heh), all patches I download. Finding them again is a pain -
sometimes hours of pain. It's a hefty amount of gigabytes.

Excellent idea, if someone could do it sometime I'd be much impressed :)
- while some game file hosting places do recent patches quite well (on
the providing end) for distribution, and publishers usually provide a
mirror themselves, older games get next to no love.

I'll note this for the links list at some point in any case (still on my
todo list to sort out :) ).

Andrew