[game_preservation] Geocities goes under...was anything worth archiving?

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Fri Apr 24 04:17:58 EDT 2009

Not just that, but fansites of games, especially more obscure ones, seem
to only be on hosted sites like Geocities. They weren't all bad sites.

Hmm, at least I hope the IA web crawler has a lot of the sites
downloaded over that time period. I doubt Yahoo will be willing to
partner and provide some real access to those old sites, sadly.

Andrew