[game_preservation] TV emulation

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Tue Apr 28 23:58:55 EDT 2009

I remember when scanline emulation was implemented in my TuxNES
emulator. Screenshot here:

http://tuxnes.sourceforge.net/snaps/tyson-snap-0001.gif

It seemed silly to me, but on another mailing list, Jim Leonard
(Trixter) explained the following examples where it's a little more useful:

'I think every single game in MAME looks like this, personally, which is
why I play with scanlines on all the time. But if you want specific
examples... Dig Dug, Roc'n'rope, Zookeeper, Robotron, Tutenkahm (sp?)
and Punch-Out (arcade, not NES) come to mind.. Actually, Frogger is
probably the best example. It's too saturated/bright/"primary colors"
to me without the scanlines.'

--
-Mike Melanson