[game_preservation] Gnop or Operation Desert Storm footage?

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 6 12:23:45 EDT 2009

This is a question from a former student, Nick Werner (some of you may
have seen his machinima work). Anyway, we are stumped and have not
been able to find anything that he can use (we know about the G4 footage
and the small screenshots on Bungiepedia, btw). Anybody have any
screenshots or video, or anything he might be able to use? Please
reply to Nick: <nickmuaddib at gmail.com <mailto:nickmuaddib at gmail.com>>

Here is his query:

> We're doing a show at work right now that will require me to show

> video, or high-quality stills, of Bungie's first two games, Gnop! (a

> pong clone) and Operation Desert Storm (a 2D tank shooter). I have

> SCOURED the interwebs for stuff, but have found barely anything -- two

> or three low-res images, and that's it. I DID find an emulator for

> the games, but the emulators require Mac ROMs that I don't have access to.

> You're a guy who works with ye olde videoe gaimes... Any chance you

> have any footage / stills / playable versions of either game? I

> checked the Archive, but I couldn't find anything. We don't need

> much, literally only like 20-30 seconds of footage, but we can't find

> it anywhere. Thanks Henry!

Henry Lowood, Ph.D.
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;
Film & Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford CA 94305-6004