[game_preservation] National Game Registry Blog

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 20:25:34 EST 2009

That's actually a good question. I can't say, but I think it would have been
sometime when CDROMs were first starting to become popular as an industry
buzzword.

I tracked down the use of terms such as 'videogame'. It's fun to read
through Ralph Baer's old documents - he describes the names he was going to
give the system, and eventually settled on 'TV Games'. The term was used
through the late 70s, but what is really interesting is he has a few
documents from coin op conventions where he describes 'coin-op tv games' and
still other memos where he uses 'video games', which sounds like a term
coined by Atari (pun?).