[game_preservation] Game disc wear questions

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Sat Dec 19 13:34:09 EST 2009

Don't personally burnt disks have a really low life (especially if not
stored correctly) due to the dye they use or whatever? (Probably
wikipedia has an answer :) ). I am sure there needs to be some kind of
reflective layer to read anything though, yeah. People who scratch the
*top* of disks accidentally can render them unusable!

Andrew