[game_preservation] Cataloging Standards?

ommail at cox.net ommail at cox.net
Tue Dec 22 09:20:22 EST 2009

Greetings all.

I was wondering if the Preservation SIG had any standards for the cataloging of digital files and related ephemera?
I have documented much of our holdings, but it is in a format that I simply invented myself.

Does the SIG currently have a unified standard used for the cataloging of gaming artifacts? Are they using a standard that I don't know about? If not, I think we most definitely could use one.
It's important to stress that it should cover physical items as well as digital.

Thoughts/information would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Garrity