[game_preservation] Reversing case yellowing with RetroBrite

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:46:41 EST 2009

Not sure if anyone in the group is aware of this, but there is a
compound and process that was developed this past year to reverse the
yellowing in ABS plastics. The creator, a chemist, coined the term
RetrOBright for it and released it to the public domain. There's a
wiki set up in regards to it -

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

and you can see more about the process and people's results here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/138244-how-to-remove-yellowing-from-an-old-atari-case/

It's been getting amazing results as you can see, and looks to be an
important tool in hardware preservation. I'm going to be trying it on
on my Apple III casing, as well as a Bally Computer case (should be
very white but it's almost tan). I'll document it for everyone so you
can see how it goes.

Marty