[game_preservation] Cataloging Standards?

ommail at cox.net ommail at cox.net
Mon Dec 28 09:26:51 EST 2009

Hmmm...

While all of these ideas are worthy and useful, I think it kind of leads away from the point of my original idea.
What I was trying to communicate is that there needs to be a standard method for cataloguing games, in a type of index, to be able to easily organize them-- a 'dewey decimal system' for games (I know that term is outdated, but it's only an example).

I'm not talking about a major database with all metadata--that is outside the scope of what I'm talking about.
Whether a game is rare, or popular, or it's history, or how to install it would be additional info that would go in a separate database, and could be cross-referenced with the catalog number.

Just my thoughts.

Joe