[game_preservation] Wikipedia thoughts?

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Sat Jan 10 16:18:52 EST 2009

I guess, but it's not usually up for debate when you can't actually
complete a game. If something is known for a poor release then not
noting it isn't really lacking opinion, it's lacking a fact (ie; a
rushed game. It happens for console games too now sadly, sigh) - as much
a fact as by consensus of choosing which genre a game is, for instance :)

Then again, I do go for a more objective view of "buggy". "Buggy" isn't
not having perfect functionality, but having the game not work due to a
bug (which might not even be the game. *cough* DRM *cough*). I should
have been more specific perhaps. It is a problem when every review notes
it for a game though, which is sometimes lost to time (gamers have a
real short attention span).

And yeah, patch release dates are fine, but the most patched games might
well have the least amount of bugs - for instance, I am sure World of
Warcraft and other MMO's have a ton of patches, which might rebalance
more then fix. Neverwinter Nights also had a ton of patches, which
mainly added functionality to the game, rather then just fixing bugs.

Fair enough on staying neutral, I just differ on the opinion of what you
consider opinion or fact I think, haha. ;)

Andrew

PS: Yes, programming is an art (and part of the collective whole of
making a game), and no, buggy games are not always the fault of
programming anyway, hehehe :)