[game_preservation] Spring Cleaning the SIG+2009 ideas (Please respond!)

Stuart Feldhamer stuart.feldhamer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 21:02:23 EST 2009

A few comments:

I meant to ask this a long time ago, but how were the initial choices for
the Digital Game Canon determined? I don't remember there being any sort of
open voting. I ask because this could be one of the reasons why there seems
to be a low degree of interest in this project.

Collectors - what do you want from this section? One thing I will say is
that it's difficult to generalize about why collectors do what they do -
they are very different people with different motivations (and psychoses :
)).

Oral Histories - this sounds like a very interesting project, but maybe a
bit too ambitious. I think the hard part won't be getting volunteers to
perform the interviews, it will be getting the project the initial
legitimacy it needs to get the interviewees willing to sit down for the
interviews. Maybe we can leverage existing work here.

Stuart