[game_preservation] Personal/Oral Histories Discussion

Devin Monnens evilcowclone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:41:30 EST 2009

I think the questions will depend on what you are researching. So you can't
have a list of questions and just ask everybody those because you won't get
the answers you want! Of course, there may also be some things the developer
wants to talk about that nobody has asked before (What's one story you'd
like to tell that nobody's asked you to tell before?).

If we're talking about game history, it's probably a good idea to ask about
what game development was like then versus now. History seems to be about
change (change is also on the news today): how things differ today from
yesterday, what things have stayed the same, what events happened, how
events shaped history and how history shaped today.

I guess maybe one other thing would be 'Who have you mentored?' Who has the
developer taught and influenced directly? That seems like a pretty important
question because it allows connections to be made through historical design.

-Devin

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando