[game_preservation] Project Discussion: Oral Histories

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Jan 26 16:23:55 EST 2009

This is coming on from our previous discussion over spring cleaning the SIG.

*Oral Histories*
Currently lead by: /No one. /
Short description: /Interviews with industry people related to their
past works. Brought up at GDC 2008, but currently has no assigned
project lead./

Concerns raised previously:
- Aims of the histories, contents, etc.
- What to ask (I brought this up before)
- Who can do them

Someone to work on this or start organising a team of people would be
good. Logistically this is the hardest project to manage, and
technically we have no resources to fund it at all, meaning it requires
heavy volunteer work.

People suggesting information, examples of existing histories done, ways
to get this going, and so forth are welcome. Basically bring whatever
you like to the table, it's an open discussion.