[game_preservation] IGDA Wiki Updated

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Jan 26 16:20:46 EST 2009

I've updated the wiki with my spring cleaning as I suggested before,
more or less:

http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG

I did also update the resources and projects pages recently as I noted
before. Currently they're staying as they are however.

I have also added a SIG history page:
http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG/SIG_History

For this, if Melanie and Julia could find out when they joined the "main
group", ie; people listed on our main page who have jobs in the SIG,
it'd be welcome - as well as any other info, links, reports, notes, or
anything on the SIG. Anyone who knows about Kireons reign as chairman
would be welcome too, the mailing list is pretty much dead there, as
well as what GDC sessions there were on preservation from 2004 to 2006.
Photographs of the main members (Devin, Julia and Melanie) would be nice
to add too.

If I have missed out anyone on the history side who has contributed a
wealth of knowledge, discussion, or project work point it out to me and
I'll be happy to add them (with picture I hope :) ).

I haven't got into editing the Oral Histories or Collectors pages yet.
These need more discussion on the mailing list first, and I will be
posting specific topics for these after this email! If I don't get much
response for them then I will not change their status. I simply can't do
them myself and *I need someone to step up and volunteer to take one or
both of them*. Yes, outreach to people here! I will slowly work on these
projects but I don't foresee doing much on them in the coming year,
since I lack basic knowledge for collectors, and lack any kind of
worldwide team who can do interviews for oral histories.

Thanks for all the feedback before I did these changes though! Brought
up some good issues, we can deal with in new threads.