[game_preservation] SIG Icon - Joystick and Belljar Redone

Devin Monnens evilcowclone at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:17:29 EST 2009

The small one looks funny. The gray of the joystick is too thick and jaggy.
Those things can happen when an object that looks perfectly fine gets scaled
- maybe Andrew should do it inside the vector program. And what's with that
black smudge at the tip of the joystick handle? Did your mouse get caught in
it?

But yeah, big one looks good. Just when you turn it small...

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Henry Lowood <lowood at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Well, I did say the smaller one looked better, maybe that counts as an

> implied criticism ... ;-)

> Henry

> Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> Sure. It originally is 64x64 (I need to probably do some work to get it to

> scale down to Favicon 16x16 size), and I forgot to upload the SVG file:

> http://aarmstrong.org/gallery/v/projects/preslogos/Redone+Joystick+Belljar.svg.html

> Thanks for the lack of critique, heh. :)

> Andrew

> Henry Lowood wrote:

> No critique, it looks good to me. Especially the smaller icon. I'll

> insert it on the cover of our white paper doc, just to see if people like it

> there, ok?

> Henry

> Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> Here we are:

> http://aarmstrong.org/gallery/v/projects/preslogos/Redone+Joystick+Belljar.png.html

> Critique please. I'm much more happy with this one - I did a circle based

> top, expanded the base, although it might be better to make it a bit wider,

> and made everything double-thickness rimmed apart from the glass highlight

> which I might double, but looks good enough.

> Looks okay scaled down too. I'm pretty much done unless someone has a

> problem with it. If I don't get a response I'll use this icon, although font

> wise I'm still going to look around and maybe find a free "Termainl Font"

> which would be more suitable (the "Text adventure" feel).

> Henry Lowood, Ph.D.

> Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;

> Film & Media Collections

> HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall

> Stanford University Libraries

> Stanford CA 94305-6004

> 650-723-4602; lowood at stanford.edu; http://www.stanford.edu/~lowood<http://www.stanford.edu/%7Elowood>

> Henry Lowood, Ph.D.

> Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;

> Film & Media Collections

> HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall

> Stanford University Libraries

> Stanford CA 94305-6004