[game_preservation] Welcome to new members

Rachel Donahue donahrm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:20:08 EST 2009

Hi there,

I discovered this list when Henry forwarded my post about the looming DCMA
decisions, and couldn't resist joining. Currently I'm a grad assistant for
the Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities, working on the
Preserving Virtual Worlds Project (http://pvw.illinois.edu/pvw/). I also
with for the US National Archives' Electronic Records Archives program doing
various communication-related tasks and being a general research monkey.
Next fall I'm starting the PhD program at the University of Maryland, with a
focus (at least initially!) on the preservation of software, including
games. I'm currently developing a survey for the gaming industry and gaming
community to learn about the archives/records management/preservation
practices of each, and would love it if people on the list would be willing
to give some feedback!

Cheers,
Rachel

--