[game_preservation] A Life Well Wasted

Devin Monnens evilcowclone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:09:14 EDT 2009

The interesting thing about game footage is currently most of what we have
is 'super play' footage; that is, players who try to beat the game as
quickly or efficiently as possible. That's not the same as actual play, in
which death and defeat is suffered and mistakes made. It doesn't allow for
elements such as exploration. 'How-to' videos don't give that sense of
exploration either, though they can be informative. So essentially, the
video database would be lacking if all we had were superplays.

-Devin

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando