[game_preservation] Online DRM

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 31 12:36:38 EDT 2009

This was an effort of the Internet Archive, assisted by Stanford, which
provided examples from the Cabrinety Collection. I believe there is a
page on their website that describes the effort, why it happened, etc.

Henry

Rachel "Sheepy" Donahue wrote:

> The exemptions are on a 3-year cycle. More info can be found here:

> http://www.copyright.gov/1201/

> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 03:23:59 -0400, Andreas Lange

> <lange at digitalgamearchive.org> wrote:

>> Dear Rachel,

>> thanks for the info, which I didn't know. When did that happen? Does

>> anyone know why? And what is the schedule for the next round of DMCA

>> evaluation after the hearings will have started in May?

>> While the US law is not directly relevant for us in Germany, I could

>> use this DMCA exeption as a good reference for our local law making

>> process.

>> Andreas

Henry Lowood, Ph.D.
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;
Film & Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford CA 94305-6004