[game_preservation] Encarta dies

Rachel "Sheepy" Donahue donahrm at gmail.com
Sun May 3 12:51:49 EDT 2009

My "College Writing Seminar" included a component on finding and
evaluating sources, though it could have been more in depth. Hopefully
they've updated it to reflect how much more we rely on the web these days!
Even my master's program, I am sad to say, lacked a required research
methods course, which is a shame (at least, since it's a library program,
we had the concepts spread throughout the courses).. I agree that it's
really important to integrate it into students' education.

Though we're not 100% lazy -- we'll use the scholarly databases, too, as
long as they provide full text!