[game_preservation] White Paper blogged by Bruce Sterling!

Jan Baart jan_baart at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 6 18:54:26 EST 2009

Sorry to dig this one up, didn't see it before. Why would anyone want
more than their metadata up and running anyways? Possibly accompanied by
some manuals, code tables etc. The games themselves? Half of them were
butchered up versions that took ages to unpack anyways. It's not like
they were actually doing a good preservational job. It might even be a
blessing that the site's gone (although in fact it really isn't) and
similar projects will have to rebuild a (hopefully more accurate) set of
game backups.

Jan