[game_preservation] [Monthly SIG Roundup] November 2009

swizzle at dosmuseum.com swizzle at dosmuseum.com
Wed Nov 11 18:21:06 EST 2009

Andrew,

I would be more than happy to help out with any archive.org project
involving this material. I spend a large amount of time on my
project, and it would be great to have the files/information
accessible to a wider audience.

Let me know what I can do.

Bill

>>> http://www.igda.org/preservation - and the wiki remains present (old

>>> for some projects <http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG>, or

>>> create your own if something is missing!

>>> Future Work for November 2009

>>> It's mid-November. It's nearly a new year in fact. We need to perhaps

>>> think about properly rounding up the projects, putting all of the ones

>>> which are basically dead to the depths of idea-realm, and knowing if

>>> anyone wants to actually work on anything. I'm happy with things just

>>> being a discussion group, but if people do sign up for projects we

>>> might need to think about having them report it monthly, me included! :)

>>> Mailing List Discussions

>>> If you've not joined our mailing list

>>> so. We've never tried using our forums it seems :) we stick to

>>> old-fangled email. This will eventually change when the IGDA site has

>>> some replacement for it, which won't be anytime soon.

>>> September

>>> <http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/game_preservation/2009-October/thread.html>

>>> had

>>> [hhttp://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/game_preservation/2009-October/001433.html me ranting about glossaries mainly], redump mentioned which we

>>> didn't

>>> discuss before

>>> <http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/game_preservation/2009-October/001446.html>, and finally the white paper was briefly blogged by someone at Wired <http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/game_preservation/2009-October/001457.html>. I know it's a bit after the start of November but I'll get to those posts in next months

>>> roundup