[game_preservation] DOOM manifest for PVW project

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:09:44 EDT 2009

Nice overview, Henry. So you will have a large collection of mods? What
about the Marine DOOM mod? For others...
Is the video collection including Grooveraider's DOOM debut video?
Doom performance by actors of
Mo...<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYB7-ZgGrfU&feature=channel_page>

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYB7-ZgGrfU&feature=channel_page>Also, I
picked up a zip containing midis from DOOM. I assume you knew about these?
(Maybe I heard it on this list first...) This is from John Romero's website:

http://rome.ro/2007/06/doom-archaeology.html

Interesting enough, I also have a collection of Warcraft II midis, but I
think you can get these off the game disc.

Also, there was the soundtrack CD:

http://vgmdb.net/album/2950

Lastly, a nice bibliography of materials talking about DOOM could be added
(such as Dungeons and Dreamers and Masters of DOOM). You also can't wrench
DOOM from its context of violent games.

The biggest question is I'm not sure based on the documentation what the
scope of the DOOM collection is or why these particular elements were chosen
(and why some elements were not included). There will be a writeup on this?

-Devin