[game_preservation] Arty Games

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Thu Sep 24 13:54:52 EDT 2009

Thought this was a little bit interesting:
http://www.stfj.net/art/2009/loselose/ - although as a technophile I'd
play it only in a VM of course, heh ;)

There was also This Is The Only Level -
http://armorgames.com/play/4309/this-is-the-only-level - which I'm sure
you've seen, same kind of parody (or in fact, here, a little more of a
design lesson) as Achievement Unlocked.

Anyone got any recent arty-like games (not just assuming anything by
calling them this, but I hope you know what I mean). I've got a few in
my backlog to play (Dear Esther and Korsakovia, Gravity Bone), once I
feel like playing them, but I'm always looking for more.

As for how this relates to game history - well, frankly the quality
varies but they're interesting, and usually free, which is great,
especially since they can teach a mechanic or develop or parody it so
well. :) Good for teaching, for sure.