[game_preservation] PDP-5 Emulation

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 22:56:13 EDT 2010

I have transcribed ICBM into text format. There were a few areas of the
printout that were a little too blurried for me to make them out with 100%
accuracy, but I have a 95% confidence that the code is accurate. This is a
graphical game that ran on the PDP-5. I don't think it will run on a PDP-8,
as the catalog number is 5-277, which suggests to me it uses just the PDP-5.
In any event, here are the hardware requirements:

4K PDP-5, ASR33, Type 34 Scope Display
Source Language: PAL III [assembly]

Trouble is, there aren't any PDP-5 emulators out there, and I can't find any
PDP-8 emulators that supports a scope. Hadn't considered that part... Does
anyone here know anything about PDP-5/8 emulation? I would like to try and
get this thing running...