[game_preservation] game_preservation Digest, Vol 52, Issue 3

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 8 15:17:54 EDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

I've offered to be part of the discussion, but anyone else in the group
interested in this should feel free to join in, as well.

Henry

Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> If anyone has web archive expertise, it'd be worth emailing Joshua

> please since this is the first I've heard of this (although it would

> obviously happen at some point).

> I would really like to somehow be able to continually access the old

> resources if possible, or if not we need a way of having it accessible

> offline somehow - while I've downloaded a lot of it, some can't be

> "downloaded" as such annoyingly, but it might be possible to do

> something to make it downloadable or set it into static webpages

> instead of dynamic ones.

> Andrew

> On 08/04/2010 19:18, Joshua Caulfield wrote:

>> Dear Game preservation team,

>> So some of you contacted me when we first switched over the old IGDA

>> website to the new one. Now we are preparing to switch hosting

>> solutions for better performance and service.

>> I want to make a good decision about how best to retain the old IGDA

>> website, without supporting 2 fully active websites on the servers.

>> Are any of you interested in being engaged on this? If so, would you

>> email me off-line, and I'll set up a little working group to discuss

>> options and resources, etc.

>> Thanks,

>> Joshua

>> Joshua Caulfield

>> Executive Director, IGDA

>> 19 Mantua Road

>> Mt. Royal, NJ 08061

>> 856.423.2990 ext. 237

>> Follow the IGDA on Twitter!

>> <http://owa.talley.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://twitter.com/igda>http://twitter.com/igda

>> <http://twitter.com/igdaOr>

>> Or find us on Facebook and LinkedIn.

Henry Lowood, Ph.D.
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;
Film & Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford CA 94305-6004