[game_preservation] Generations standards?

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Sat Apr 17 17:39:30 EDT 2010

I'm still working on the bibliography website slowly, we'll get a list
of books' which are worthwhile or not sometime! :) We can start a
historiography of words and historical definitions on the wiki, perfect
for revisions of things.

I'd be interesting in reading your paper too of course :)

On 17/04/2010 04:21, Devin Monnens wrote:

> For instance, what was early computer development like in Japan,

> Russia, and Germany? What kinds of games were over there? What was

> being done in BASIC in the early 70s?

As for this - it's fascinating to see what technology propagated either
by sharing, proper distribution or simply counterfeiting, stealing and
copying of other people. Very weird in the early days - Cold War and so
forth didn't exactly help the cooperation angle, right? Videogames might
not come much into the early days but it'd still be worth getting a
better picture of the time period that's easy to go through.