[game_preservation] PCA/ACA Panel on Game Preservation (Deadline is coming up on the 15th!)

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 09:51:31 EST 2010

Hi guys,

I just wanted to send out a reminder that the deadline for the Game
Preservation panel at the PCA/ACA Conference in San Antonio (April 20-23) is
coming up fast! Right now it looks like the panel will be held on Thursday
or Friday to accommodate Dr. Nakamura, our Japanese presenter. The panel
will be titled either "New Directions in Game Preservation" or "Game
Preservation: East and West" depending on how many submissions we get and
from what areas. So, you might want to consider how your research and work
fits into these categories, such as how you are contributing to game
preservation or how your practices might be unique compared with other
places in the world.

If you are interested in presenting, please send me a response by December
15 (ideally the 14th!) with:

- Your name
- The title of your paper
- Contact information

We are also close to Zach Vowell and University of Texas, Austin, which is
about an hour and a half to two hours away.

The Southwest/Texas PCA/ACA is usually held in Albuquerque, but this year it
will be held in San Antonio along with the national conference. I think it
would be great if we could get several people from the Game Preservation SIG
together to present our research as right now we just have the SIG
roundtable at the GDC.

You can find out more on the PCA/ACA National website:

http://www.pcaaca.org/conference/national.php