[game_preservation] Worst game ever made

Billy Cain bcain at criticalmassinteractive.com
Fri Jan 15 08:24:25 EST 2010

I feel bad for the developers of most "poorly reviewed" games.
Schedule pressures, lack of funding, deaths of key staff, etc. all
contribute to these crap scores.

Now there is always the case where the team, company, and publisher
agree to ship it and they thought it was good...

And then there are the games that get released because the "leaders"
think it is ready when the team knows that there is no way it will be
successful.

That is the worst one of all because it deprives you of the ability to
make the game polished and rocking, not to mention bug-free.

So I guess what I am saying is that we should not blame the developers
in all cases. They are sometimes just pawns. Of course the scores
should be arbitrary in the grand scheme. Let the rankings commence!