[game_preservation] Survey of Game Preservation Institutions

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 13:27:57 EST 2010

Hello everyone. I updated the Survey of Game Preservation Institutions and
added it to Survey Monkey in order to increase the number of respondents. So
far, I have heard back from maybe 25% of everyone I sent this to. (Maybe
part of it was due to he holidays). Incidentally, if anyone knows contact
information for the National Video Game Archive in the UK, the Computer
Gaming World Museum, the Library of Congress National Game Registry, the
game preservation group at the Smithsonian, or the National Videogame
Archive, please let me know! I was having trouble contacting each of these
groups.

So as a reminder, if you have not taken the survey yet, please do so! If you
have already taken the survey, there is no need to take it again! Remember,
this is a new survey to collect contact and background information on game
preservation groups and initiatives related to this
project<http://wiki.igda.org/Game_Preservation_SIG/Videogame_Museums,_Archives,_Displays_and_Collections>and
is different from last year's survey sent by Rachael Donahue regarding
game preservation *methods*.

The survey has been shortened to 10 questions, so it shouldn't take more
than 10 minutes to fill out. Information from previous surveys that is not
on this survey will not be distributed.

Click here to take the survey <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/52BHTY8>

<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/52BHTY8>The purpose of this survey is to
document game preservation institutions and initiatives (i.e. libraries,
archives, museums, projects) in order to foster connections between game
preservation institutions worldwide. Data from this survey will be used to
construct a directory of libraries, museums, archives, and preservation
projects specializing in game preservation for access on the International
Game Developers Association (IGDA) Game Preservation Special Interest Group
website (http://www.igda.org/preservation) as well as a bibliography of
essays and books on the preservation of games.