[game_preservation] Game Database question

Billy Cain billyjoecain at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 22:39:46 EDT 2010

One more thought occurred to me: games released in Germany can't (or
at least couldn't) have red blood in them.

Is that a variant people would be interested in?

Re: collections of games - EA used to do multiple game titles in one
box. Sometimes with one copy of each game on a single disc and
sometimes in other ways. There are many variations on this. For
example, other countries have region encoding, multi-languages,
packaging variations, in-box prizes that differ from the originals,
etc.

The variations seem endless to me, and I have been a collector of a
lot of odd stuff for a long time.

I have donated a lot of my Origin stuff to Joe Garrity of the Origin
Museum, my Wing Commander stuff to the Wing Comander CIC, and I am
preparing to donate a large video game collection to the University of
Texas' Video Game Archive. I believe in what you ALL are doing - it's
vital.

Keep up the great work, all of you! I'll go back to lurking again
until I believe I have something worth saying. :)
Billy

--
Sent from my mobile device

Billy Cain