[game_preservation] Swag archive?

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 15 18:07:07 EDT 2010

Marty,

Remember that I'm in a library, not a museum. I would expect there to
be (potentially) more interest from museums in this sort of material,
even if just for exhibition value. In a library, we are more focused on
value as documentation, and that's difficult with this kind of stuff if
there is no archival context.

Henry

Martin Goldberg wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Henry Lowood <lowood at stanford.edu> wrote:

>> and I probably wouldn't accept

>> them (as curator), even as a donation from me, unless they were part of a

>> larger collection that provided some context.

> That's probably the exact reason why I started archiving this sort of

> material as part of E2M. Because the larger organizations, museums,

> etc. generally don't for those reasons. And unfortunately, that's

> also why much of the material I have from ex-employees, etc., would

> have wound up in the garbage if I hadn't.

> Marty

Henry Lowood, Ph.D.
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;
Film & Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford CA 94305-6004