[game_preservation] Swag archive?

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 18:20:02 EDT 2010

Henry - I'm certainly familar with a library archive's needs (used to
work at the UW-Milwaukee library myself). How would things like comic
book collections and the like fall in to that documentation context?
I know the library archive at UW-Milwaukee took a local collector's
donation of a few boxes full of comics (nothing to extraordinary in it
from what I remember), and was always curious as to why.

As far as museums - yes, I've found they're more willing to have this
material on loan for display for portions of time than they are to
house and archive the material themselves. That's another reason I
took up gathering and organizing this sort of material. Likewise, to
put items in a documentative context whenever possible - such as the
1981 Asteroids compeition material, which was part of a series of
coin-op competitions Atari held in the US an Canada in '81.

Marty