[game_preservation] Japanese Computer Game Preservation

Kieron Wilkinson lists at softpres.org
Mon Nov 8 16:45:49 EST 2010

Hi Devin,

Sorry for the delayed post. Yes, we at the Software Preservation Society are indeed working with some of our Japanese contacts to preserve software for systems such as the PC88 with the help of our KryoFlux (www.kryoflux.com) devices and software.

We are at an early stage right now, but we have some very dedicated people over there beginning to start work on this with us. We are hoping to get devices to as many people as possible, however, since our entire KryoFlux first production run of 80 units sold out in a matter of days, we are having to get a second and larger run produced as soon as possible.

I absolutely agree with you about the time element on this, and hopefully you will see some good news on this front in the near future.

I hope that helps,

Kieron Wilkinson