[game_preservation] SW/TX PCA/ACA Game Preservation Panel (San Antonio, TX, April 20-23, 2011)

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 12:58:32 EST 2010

Hi folks!

I am proposing another game preservation panel at the Southwest/Texas
PCA/ACA Conference to be held next year in San Antonio, TX from April 20-23.
Panel papers and presentations should be related to the areas of game
preservation and game history (particularly as it relates to preservation).
If you are interested in submitting a paper to the panel, please send me a
title of the paper along with a short description.

This year, both the regional SW/TX and National PCA/ACA will be meeting at
the same time. Judd Ruggill and Ken McAllister are area chairs for the SW/TX
Computer Studies area, so they will be attending as well.

Henry, I think it would be great if you could also attend this year. I have
spoken with Akinori Nakamura, who attended last year, and he says that he
should be able to attend this year if the panel is held on Thursday or
Friday (the 21st or 22nd). How do these fit within your schedule?

I know we have meetings of the SIG at GDC, but not all of us can always make
it - and we rarely present papers at the conference! I don't know if we
should consider this to be a mini-meeting of the SIG, but I think it is a
good opportunity to get more people connected in the game preservation world
and provide opportunities to release more research.