[game_preservation] Battery Save Statistics?

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Wed Nov 17 09:28:53 EST 2010

Hehe, my Gold actually still worked last time I used it; however my
Pokemon: Trading Card Game one has died - they used different batteries.
Some carts also use batteries for saves, N64 ones had some I believe?
Presumably nowadays it is all flash memory based so has no need for that
kind of thing.

There is some random dissection on specific game wikis and some ROM
checking places I randomly found but nothing on the actual life of
batteries or on how to easily replace them (ie; what type they were,
what works, how to get saves of it before replacing (if at all possible)
etc).

Would be nice if there was an investigation for sure. I'll happily put
it on the wiki if you do one :)

Andrew